PulpFest 2015 ran Thursday, Aug. 13, through Sunday, Aug. 16, in Columbus, Ohio. Below you will find links to audio recordings of over 10 hours of pulp programming, as well as links to ThePulp.Net’s other coverage of the event.
- Pulpcraft in ‘The Shadow’
- Tim King looks at “Pulpcraft: A Counterintelligence and Espionage Guide to the Pulp Adventures of The Shadow.”
- The Thrilling detectives
- John Wooley and John Gunnison examine the Thrilling detectives.
- 75 years of Street & Smith comics
- Tony Isabella, Anthony Tollin, Will Murray and Michelle Nolan survey “75 Years of Street & Smith Comics.”
- Saddle up! Thrilling’s western pulps
- Ed Hulse discusses “Saddle Up! A Look at the Western Heroes of the Thrilling Group.”
- Play ball! Sports in the pulps
- Michelle Nolan pitches “Play Ball: A Look at the Sports Pulps.”
- The Pulp Magazines Project
- Patrick Scott Belk and Nathan Madison talk about The Pulp Magazines Project.
- Leo Margulies: Little giant of the pulps
- Philip Sherman, Ed Hulse, and Will Murray remember “Leo Margulies, the Little Giant of the Pulps.”
- Guest of Honor Chet Williamson
- PulpFest 2015 Guest of Honor Chet Williamson talks about the influence of H.P. Lovecraft and Weird Tales.
- Special Guest Jon Arfstrom
- David Saunders interviews Jon Arfstrom, a cover artist toward the end of Weird Tales‘ original run.
- The weird tales of Philip José Farmer
- Jason Scott Aiken, Frank Schildiner and Chuck Loridans discuss “The Weird Tales of Philip José Farmer.”
- Call of Cthulhu: Development of Lovecraft’s mythos
- Tom Krabacher, Nathan Madison, John Haefele, Don Herron and Rick Lai examine “The Call of Cthulhu: The Development of Lovecraft’s Mythos.”
- The Thrilling heroes
- Will Murray, Michelle Nolan and Garyn Roberts look back at the “Thrilling Heroes of Standard’s Pulps and Comics.”
- Weird editing at ‘the unique magazine’
- Tom Krabacher, Garyn Roberts, Morgan Holmes, Don Herron, and Will Murray discuss “Weird Editing at ‘The Unique Magazine’.”
- Thrilling adventures of Rudolph Belarski
- Pulp art expert David Saunders profiles “The Thrilling Adventures of Rudolph Belarski.”
- ThePulp.Net’s Facebook page
- In addition to our regular pulp history and other posts, you’ll find updates from PulpFest here and be able to comment on them (if you’re a Facebook member — if not, you’ll still be able to read the page).
- ThePulp.Net’s Instagram feed
- Look at photos posted live from PulpFest on TPN’s Instagram feed.
- ThePulp.Net’s Twitter feed
- Short items — 142 characters or less — from the PulpFest goings-on.
- Yellowed Perils: PulpFest
- TPN editor William Lampkin attended PulpFest 2015 and posted daily reports from “the summer’s leading pulp convention.”