PulpFest 2012 reports
Most recent update: Aug. 18, 2014.
It must have been an exhausting PulpFest this year. It’s taking attendees a bit longer than usual to get their post-convention reports online. We’ll continue updating this post as new reports turn up.
For those of us who were unable to attend, checking out the reports and photos at least lets us virtually participate.
• The Book Cave podcasts: The Book Cave is posting audio from PulpFest 2012 panels:
- John Locke of Off-Trail Publications on “The Rise and Fall of the Pulps”
- Rick Lai on the pulp magazine’s “The French Connection”
- At the Newsstand with Hulse and Roberts features Northwestern Michigan College professor Garyn G. Roberts and Blood ‘n’ Thunder editor Ed Hulse paying tribute to the 75th anniversary of John W. Campbell‘s arrival at Astounding Stories and the Golden Age of Science Fiction.
• PEAP’s PulpFest photos: PEAPS, the Pulp Era Amateur Press Society, has posted a Flickr album of photos from this year’s convention.
• David Lee Smith’s photos: David Lee Smith has posted eight pages of photos from PulpFest 2012 on his Flickr account.
• Don Herron’s report: Don Herron, who conducts the Dashiell Hammett Tour in San Francisco, writes of his first visit to PulpFest. (Hat tip to Walker Martin for calling attention on the PulpMags group to this report.)
• Michael Haynes’ PulpFest reports: Author Michael Haynes posted daily reports, along with photos, from PulpFest 2012 on his blog.